CHRIST THE KING RETREAT CENTER
OBLATE SERVICE CORPORATION
The Business Manager is primarily responsible and works in conjunction with the Facility Director in overseeing the day-to-day operations of all departments of the Retreat Center and planning, organizing and continuity of all departments including hosted groups and private retreatants.
Position: Business Manager
Position Status: Exempt/Full-Time-in Buffalo, MN
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with the Director, Preaching Team staff, Department Supervisors and Office Staff to maintain building operations, developing and revising processes and procedures to ensure safe and effective communication and operations between departments.
- Contact person for Operations and Building matters including vendors, contractors, various departments of the State of Minnesota, etc.; Setup appointments with outside contractors and vendors.
- Oversee creation and distribution of financial reports and interface with finance department at Oblate Service Corporation (OSC).
- Supervise office staff, and managers of all departments making sure all staffing needs are met, quality and timeliness of work is satisfactory, and performance is reviewed regularly.
- All HR functions including new hire paperwork; Distribute human resource communications from OSC, State of Minnesota, etc.; oversee and distribute employee benefits communications with employees and OSC.
- Primary contact for Hosted Groups including contracts, entering in Breeze, Great Plains and room list, keeping Kitchen, Maintenance and Housekeeping staff updated for changes; communicate with the director regarding ministry assistance needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This individual must have strong leadership skills, be detail oriented, possess strong accuracy skills, work independently and possess decision-making skills. Must have the ability to interact well within multiple departments. Understand the importance of confidentiality, and multi-tasking while remaining focused on the job at hand.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in business or a related field or equivalent experience required. Work experience that demonstrates strong leadership, staff management, goal setting and business optimization.
Interested candidates should send resume and salary requirement
Diann M. Donjon, PHR, SHRM-CP
Human Resources Manager