Oblate Service Corporation
Oblate School of Theology-Oblate Renewal Center
285 Oblate Drive/ 5700 Blanco Rd.
San Antonio, TX 78216
Web Site: www.ost.edu
The Oblate Service Corporation-Oblate School of Theology, is seeking applicants for a COOK at the Oblate Renewal Center (ORC) located in the Oblate School of Theology campus. The Oblate Renewal Center is a spiritual oasis for individuals or groups of up to 120 and provides an environment of quiet, serenity and hospitality. An idyllic setting for San Antonio religious conferences, retreats and workshops.
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
- The Cook assists the Chef with the preparation of food to be served in all outlets, complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures.
- Prepares food to be served using established production procedures and systems; determines amount and type of food and supplies required and ensures availability of supplies and food.
- Sets steam table; serves or ensures proper serving of food for tray line or dining room.
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards.
- Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders.
- Assists with food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Maintains daily production records.
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
- Completes food temperature checks before service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WORK HOURS: Days and Hours are flexible.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- Two or more years’ prior experience in a Cook position, required.
- Knowledge of proper food handling procedures tools and equipment used, required.
- Knowledge of proper food preparation, handling and storing techniques, required.
- Ability to work effectively in a team, required.
- Strong Collaboration and communication skills, required.
- Customer/client focus, required.
- Excellent time management skills, required.
- Flexibility, required.
- Stress management and composure skills, required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, required.
JOB CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Qualified candidates should visit www.ost.edu to apply under the CAREER OPPORTUNITIES section.
Oblate Service Corporation and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employee referrals are welcomed.