Oblate Service Corporation
Missionary Association of Mary Immaculate – USA
The Missionary Association of Mary Immaculate-USA. a division of Oblate Service Corporation, is seeking applicants for a Director, MAMIUSA Analytics Department. The Oblate Missionary Society, Inc. is a nonprofit mission development and fundraising office, located in Belleville, Illinois and San Antonio, TX.
POSITION: Director of Analytics Department
The Director position is a designated member of the MAMI USA Leadership Team. The position’s broad enterprise-wide responsibility is to design, establish and support appropriate analytical activities to access, process, assess and report out on the donor account data, communications and gift patterns overseen by MAMI USA at the enterprise level. This oversight is in order to provide timely (and increasingly automated) trend updates, comparisons to objectives, as well as available options and recommendations for the MAMI USA stakeholders’ meaningful and actionable decisions in support of its objectives. The position also participates in suggesting any broader initiatives to better leverage data in the automation and improved efficiency and effectiveness of MAMI USA’s workflows.
The wide ranging donor activities of MAMI USA Departments (e.g. Fundraising and Charitable Planned Gifts) entails that the position has a familiarity with those activities, as well as, the operational processes and data utilized by (e.g. USPS, Donor Coops, Appended Sources) and resulting from those areas (e.g. direct mail, ecommerce, advertising, telemarketing, recurring giving and major donor giving vehicles such as major gifts, annuities, wills, etc.). While it is understood the Analytics Director, or department, does not exercise responsibility for those departments’ strategy nor appeal design, a productive work relationship is needed as requested and in support of advance projections, operations and trends reporting vs objectives. As well, the Analytics Director and Department need close productive work relationships with IT, Finance, Operations and
similarly related departments.
The position’s oversight includes accessing, monitoring and reviewing the reporting and analytical activities (and to directly meet with appropriate staff) as provided via third party firms engaged by MAMI USA, in support of its fundraising & donor account needs.
This position is a ‘hands on’, working position with involvement in the daily operations, activities and supervision of staff within the Analytics Department. As well, the position is available and may be called upon to provide data and analytical support as needed and requested by the Oblate Executive Director for related
MAMI USA and Oblate entities.
Full-Time- Exempt Location– Belleville, IL or San Antonio, TX
Education and/or Required Experience
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Math, Computer Science, or related field required. At least 3 plus years of experience working in related field.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in data analysis, logistic regression, cluster analysis, statistical modeling, and predictive modeling, required.
- Proficiency in data analysis using R or Python.
- Experience with Microsoft R Open, is a plus.
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning techniques, is a plus.
- Basic to intermediate proficiency with MS SQL scripting, is a preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel including data analysis, statistical functions & data presentations, required.
- Demonstrated proficiency creating Reports and Analytic dashboards utilizing SSRS, Jet Reports, Power BI, or other supported tools.
- Demonstrated expertise in creation of basic business & technical material (e.g., data summaries, process documents, etc.)
- Experience in direct marketing and non-profit preferred.
Interested candidates should send resume and salary requirements to:
Diann Donjon at email@example.com or Magda Valdez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Employee referrals are welcomed.
Oblate Service Corporation and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity Employer