Missionary Association of Mary Immaculate USA, a division of Oblate Service Corporation is seeking applicants for a full-time Director of Fundraising. The Missionary Association of Mary Immaculate USA is a nonprofit mission development and fund-raising office, located in Belleville, Illinois and San Antonio, TX.
The Director of Fundraising leads, oversees and coordinates activities for the identification, cultivation and solicitation of direct fundraising opportunities to current and prospective English and Spanish donors to achieve fundraising goals and to encourage a partnership in the Oblate mission and ministry. Responsibilities include strategy, management, oversight and tracking multi-channel fundraising marketing activities including direct mail, E-marketing, emails, social media, telemarketing, website, donor relations, donor fulfillment, etc.
This position will continue bridging three distinct fundraising teams into one cohesive unit. The Director of Fundraising is tasked to provide strategic direction for current and future fundraising strategies in collaboration with supporting departments through a business planning process and tasked to lead the fundraising team towards new strategies, increased revenue and increase capacity among new and existing donors through programs that enhance loyalty and retention. This position may also be asked to consult with other Oblate
entities to engage in fundraising initiatives.
The Director of Fundraising has specific oversight of all Fundraising activities and personnel in both San Antonio, TX and Belleville, IL and is a member of the MAMI-USA Leadership Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or other equivalent field, required. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in senior-level management in fundraising experience (direct mail, personal approaches, telemarketing, internet, social media, donor cultivation, etc.) or equivalent direct marketing operations, required.
- Knowledge and understanding of non-profit religious fundraising operations, required.
- Ability to communicate (verbal, written) in English in a clear, productive and professional manner, required.
- Ability to create and to implement multiple strategies, and to coordinate common fundraising efforts and approaches, required.
- Ability to function as a team player and collaborate to achieve maximum results.
- Knowledge of the Roman Catholic Church, faith and mission philosophy, required.
- Strategic planning, innovative thinking, creativity, critical thinking, problem solving, negotiating, decisionmaking and interpersonal relations, required.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with other team members, directors, Oblates and vendors, required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other common office software tools, including a fundamental understanding of database software applications.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and clearly communicate fundraising and donor base data, required
- Spanish language skills, preferred.
- Confidentiality and conformity with ethical professional standard, required.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee must be able to communicate with others, prepare and present information in group situations, and use a personal computer and telephone. This position will require travel by personal auto, commercial airplane and/or train within the continental United States with perhaps an occasional visit to a second or third world country during the year. This position requires visual clarity and the ability to accurately distinguish colors.