Oblate Service Corporation
Oblate Missionary Society, Inc
The Oblate Missionary Society, Inc.-Oblate Missions, a division of Oblate Service Corporation, is seeking applicants for GROTTO SUPPORT at the Oblate Lourdes Grotto y Tepeyac. The Oblate Missionary Society, Inc. is a nonprofit mission development and fundraising office, located in Belleville, Illinois and San Antonio, TX.
POSITION: GROTTO SUPPORT
POSITION STATUS: Part-time, Non-Exempt
- Provides support for Grotto Masses and activities; light chapel and grounds maintenance.
- Assists with preparing chapel, altar and sacristy for scheduled liturgies (Ex: Mass and Eucharistic Adoration, etc.) and authorized special events.
- Provides general office support .(answers telephones, welcomes visitors, receives and properly documents Mass requests, distributes food cards, secures funds received in accordance to procedures , etc.)
- Assists with kitchen hospitality duties as needed particularly during special events.
- Assist with preparing for special events (liturgical and religious activities).
- Monitors and opens Grotto Hall exterior public restrooms as needed (Ex: unlock, tum on lights, inspects premises, monitors every hour).
- Inspects the Grotto premises and responds to safety, maintenance and janitorial needs of the Oblate Lourdes Grotto, Grotto Chapel and Grotto Ministry Center grounds and facilities (Ex: Restrooms, pedestrian areas, seating areas, stairs, Grotto Sanctuary, devotional areas) in accordance with established safety guidelines.
- Provides light janitorial help.
- Performs other duties as required.
WORK HOURS: Sundays 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. occasional special events and evening shifts as needed
- High school diploma or equivalency, required.
- Experience in sacristy ministry, preferred.
- Communication, personal, and organization skills, required.
- Basic bilingual (English and Spanish) language skills, required.
- Basic knowledge of the Roman Catholic Church, required.
JOB CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Qualified candidates should send resume to email@example.com
Employee referrals are welcomed.
Oblate Service Corporation and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity Employer